|Warning: This article regards the automated regular reminder/check-in service only.|
For articles regarding the automated ‘One-off reminder’ service please go here.
For articles regarding the ‘Calls from a professional’ service please go here.
Our reminder/check-in service helps those who are at risk of forgetting to do important things or are at risk of an accident within their home.
Who does it help?
- Those with poor memory, memory loss or a brain injury.
- Those who are elderly or frail.
- Those with disabilities including Down’s Syndrome, Angelmans, Autism, Aspergers.
- Those with physical disabilities.
- Those with conditions including Anxiety, Dementia, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, Cancer, Agoraphobia, Hoarders.
- Those on dialysis.
- Those recovering after a hospital visit.
The reminder/check-in service is very helpful for the earlier stages of care, where independence is still a priority. It is perfect if people:
- Want to be independent but are struggling to maintain this due to poor memory.
- May have a carer family member helping with more demanding tasks, but are able to do certain things themselves. Want to avoid letting the carer do everything.
- Proactively want to take medication / perform given tasks, and are able to do so following a call.
The reminder/check-in will be less effective if they are:
- Not proactive or lucid enough to take medication following a call.
- Lonely and are in need of human interaction.
How does it help them?
The reminder/check-in service can be used to prompt any form of pills or medication. This includes:
- Less frequent and easily forgotten prescriptions, such as those for Alzheimer’s.
- Frequent and strictly timed prescriptions, such as those for Parkinson’s.
Our service can deliver messages specifying different types of medication, for example:
“This is your nine o’clock reminder to take the blue pill”.
“This is your twelve o’clock reminder to take the red pill”.
Prompting appointments, visits or other events
The reminder/check-in service can help with one-off reminders for appointments or tasks, for example
- Appointments e.g a visit to the Doctors
- Visits such e.g a handyman coming round
- Events such e.g Being picked up to go out for lunch
Prompting important tasks
The reminder/check-in service can be used to remind someone of any household tasks. For example:
- Reminders to eat or hydrate
- Reminders to wash
- Reminders to lock the doors at night
The reminder/check-in service can be set up to check that someone is alright. if a home safety check is not answered, a neighbour or family member can be informed by text, phone or email.Set up CareCalls now